- The work set out in the proposal must correspond to one or more of the topics as indicated in the call for proposals.
- The projects should have clearly defined and focused objectives, approaches and a proper balance of application focus vs. generic technology development.
- The description of work and the composition of the consortium are normally fixed for the duration of the project.
- The consortium must be composed of at least three 'legal entities' established in at least three different ENIAC member States. The entities must be independent of each other.
- The size, scope and internal organisation of projects can generally vary between 6 and 15 participants. The ENIAC JU promotes the involvement of SMEs in its activities.
- Projects are expected to last typically two or three years; however, there is no formal minimum or maximum duration.